Are you worried that the recent heavy rain in the Atlanta area has done damage to your roof? If it has been a while since your last roof inspection, your roof may have more damage than you think! If you notice any of these warning signs, you need to have a full roof inspection by a qualified professional.
- Hail – If you see any signs of hail damage to your gutters or car, or hail lying on the ground around your home, your roof has more than likely also been impacted by hail.
- Missing Granules – The shingles on your roof have granules that help the overall integrity of your roofing system. If granules have come off of your shingles, you may see them in your yard or driveway washed out through your gutters.
- Leaks – Check your attic or top level of your home for brown stains on the ceiling. Even the slightest leak can mean big problems if left untouched.
- Wet Insulation – Wet insulation in your attic could mean you have a leak in your roof and can lead to mold
- Curled, Raised, or Missing Shingles – Take notice of changes in your shingle pattern. Do you notice one on the end that does not match the rest of your roof? Curled or raised shingles need to be repaired.
- Excess Debris/Limbs – If you live around trees, look on your roof for limbs or debris that has blown onto your roof. These limbs mean excessive wind has blown through and may have damaged your roof shingles.
Remember, not all storm damage is visible to the untrained eye. Make sure you protect the investment you made in your home and call us today at (770) 516-5806 for your free, no obligation storm damage assessment if you see any of these warning signs or would like an expert opinion.