When was the last time you gave your Charlotte roofing a good look? We’ve had some rough weather this year which may have resulted in some damage to your home that needs immediate attention. A minor problem like a leaking roof can turn into a major headache if left unchecked. It may cause significant water damage to your interior, may allow excess moisture to buildup, and may negatively affect your home’s value.
First, fixing water damage on the interior can be very tedious and expensive. Second, leaking usually means holes or missing shingles, which can be an eyesore that can devalue your home. Lastly, excess moisture buildup may cause the growth of mold and mildew, which in turn can release environmental contaminants that are adverse to health.
So if you’d like to avoid these issues, but can’t take care of the problem, you might want to tarp your roof in the meantime. This can protect your interior while you’re planning repairs. Here’s what you need to do:
- Locate the damaged section of the roof. Check the interiors first, then the exteriors.
- Unfold the tarp to cover the leaking section of the roof.
- Measure the width of the tarp and add 2ft to the measurement. Cut 4 2×4 boards to this length.
- Wrap the end of the tarp near the eaves on one of the boards, then nail or staple the tarp on the board to secure them.
- Take another board and place this on top of the wrapped board.
- Stretch over the roof’s peak.
- Wrap the top end of the tarp on another board.
- Lay the final board on the wrapped board and nail them together.
- For the sides of the tarp, use as many 2×4 boards to hold it in place.
However, if you still can’t find the time to do so or you need help, Roof Roof, one of the best roofing companies in Charlotte NC,can help.
Let our skilled craftsmen be the one to climb up and conduct repairs on your roof. For more information on roof repair or other roofing procedures, contact Roof Roof today.