As a homeowner, you should be able to perform basic inspection on your roofing in Charlotte. According to the National Roofing Contractors Association, it’s best to inspect your roof bi-annually. Within a span of six months, a lot of things can occur, ranging from heavy rains to tornadoes to hailstorms. How do you determine if your roof is in good condition? Why, check it, of course! Roof inspection is a way to check on your roof and make necessary repairs as soon as possible. Inspections can help you in prolonging and preserving your roof by having small problems fixed, before they become major problems.
The exterior part of your roof is the section that is most easily noticed. Checking this might require you to use a ladder to go up the roof. For this part, we strongly urge that you exercise absolute caution.
- Are any shingles broken, missing, curled, split, blistered, or loose?
- Are nails loose or already exposed?
- Are the flashings damaged, corroded, or missing?
- Are the ridges sagging?
- Is the chimney cracked?
- What is the condition of the fascia boards?
- What about the siding, gutters, and eaves?
The interior part of the roof should also be inspected:
- Check your roof sheathing for cracks.
- Check to see if your attic has proper ventilation—it’s best to measure and calculate this.
- Is there light seeping through?
- Are the kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans functioning well?
- Are there holes around the vents and chimneys that lead outside?
This list just comprises the things that a homeowner like yourself can do for the time being. However, for a more trusted and thorough roof inspection, hire one of the best roofers in Charlotte NC—Roof Roof. Give us a call today for a free roof analysis.