Your roof is your primary means of protecting your home against the weather. It needs to be able to keep rain, snow, wind, and other environmental elements at bay.
Though it may not seem like a serious problem, a leaking roof can present several dangers to your home. These are:
- The structural integrity of your roof may be compromised. The water getting into your home may cause the wooden components of your roof, such as the rafters, to deteriorate.
- The attic and ceiling may be damaged by the leak. The leaking water may damage the items stored in the attic and could also damage the ceiling paint.
- Mold and mildew may start growing within the interiors. Mold and mildew grow within the home because of the excess moisture that gets in through leaks. Mold and mildew can cause the deterioration of various components of your home.
- Roof leaks can be a health hazard. The mold and mildew growth could also be a source of health issues for those with allergies and respiratory conditions, including nasal congestion and rhinitis.
- A leaking roof can make your home less energy-efficient. A roof leak can lead to damage in your insulation. The lack of insulation, or damaged insulation, may make it more difficult for your heating and cooling systems to keep your home comfortable.
Our Roofers in Greenville SC at Roof Roof are well aware of all these dangers. If your roof has sustained a leak, we’re the experts to call to help you out with repairs.
Our specialists will locate the source (or sources) of the leak and, no matter how big or small, repair them immediately. We fix all the damage caused by the leak so your roof will be good as new.
A roof leak is a problem that you cannot simply ignore because it can cause a lot of problems. Having that leak repaired by a professional roofing contractor in Greenville SC at Roof Roof, can help keep your roof in the best possible condition for you and your family’s safety and comfort. For more information, feel free to give us a call today.