As 2012 approaches we move away from our Christmas wishes and move on to our New Year’s Resolutions. Many of us will put saving money near the top of our goals for the new year. To help you get started here are a few dollar-saving tips for everything from restaurants to roof replacements.
Where Can You Save Money In 2012?
Look at where you are spending your money to find out where you can save your money. If you’ve never analyzed your spending habits, this may seem like an impossible task. But don’t be intimidated. It’s probably easier than you think.
For example, many credit card accounts offer online tools for tracking spending. These tools even categorize some of your charges for you. And if you are more of a cash/check buyer, there are plenty of personal finance programs you can use to track your expenses and manage your household budget.
Taking Action To Save Money In 2012
After you have started tracking and reviewing your expenses, you’ll probably see that there are a couple of categories where you are spending money that you may not “have” to spend. You may also see that you are spending a lot of money on things that you could happily live without.
A list of popular “discretionary” spending categories is presented below.
- Entertainment – smartphone apps, cable and satellite dish television, video games, movie tickets, rentals and purchases
- Cell phones
- Dining out
- Home remodeling, maintenance and repairs
Cutting out one or two restaurant meals a month and downgrading your cell phone plan are easy ways to reduce your monthly expenses. The way to save money on home repairs and home improvement projects, however, can be a little less clear.
How To Save Money On A New Atlanta Roof And Other Home Repairs
It seems almost instinctive to try and fix things around the house on our own. For many problems, such as a leaky toilet or broken shower head, it actually makes good financial sense.
But when it comes to big projects like installing a water heater or getting a new roof, it’s time to call in the pros. They can do it faster, better and cheaper, especially when you consider the cost of fixing the problems that stem from subpar work.
Here are few examples of how a professional Atlanta roofing contractor can save you money on a roof replacement job.
- Lower material costs – Atlanta roofing companies enjoy discounted prices due to the large quantity of materials they buy.
- Avoids expensive roof repairs – By using reliable materials and proper construction methods, an experienced and dependable professional roofing contractor minimizes the risk of roof leaks, loose shingles and other problems. A reputable Marietta roofer will also offer generous warranties that cover both material and labor costs, should repairs be required in the future.
- Avoids costly damage inside your home – If your inexperienced brother-in-law replaces your roof and fails to follow the best construction practices, the risk of roof leaks is high. The end result can be costly bills to repair water damaged structures in your home and to clean and remove dangerous mold spores.
- Avoids liability costs – A professional Atlanta roofing company that carries workers’ compensation and liability insurances shields you from personal injury and property damage claims. On the other hand, if you hire a neighbor or “handyman” to replace your roof, you can be held reponsible for any injuries, property losses or damages that he may experience while on the job.
Save Money On Your Atlanta Roof By Keeping In Touch With Findlay Roofing
If you need a new roof, a roof replacement or a roof repair in 2012, Findlay Roofing will do our part to help you keep your New Year’s Resolution to save money.
For starters, we offer financing (with approved credit) to qualified customers.
You can also sign up for our newsletter to keep up with our latest money-saving offers, visit our roof coupon and savings page, or contact us today to get a free estimate on your roof replacement or roof repair needs.
Findlay Roofing wishes a Happy New Year to all of our friends in Atlanta, Marietta and across North Georgia. May 2012 bring everyone happiness, health and prosperity!