WSB Radio - The Home Fix It Show
Preferred Roofing Company
Findlay Roofing is the preferred roofing company of Dave Baker and the Home Fix It Show on WSB Radio. Findlay Roofing is the roofing expert that Dave Baker depends on to deliver the best information to his listeners and to answer questions from listeners live on the radio. Listen to the Home Fix It Show radio program hosted by Dave Baker every Saturday morning from 9 am – Noon on News 95.5 FM and AM 750 WSB.
We found them online searching for a platinum installer for Owen's Corning so we could get the extended warranty. Findlay had great reviews and they were quick to respond, no high pressure, did not try to force me to sign an exclusive like a couple of their competitors did. The Findlay rep, Alex, was friendly and educated us so we could make a good decision. It was an easy process. They have teams of people who were all very professional and communicated about every detail to make sure we were informed. The roofers did an incredible job; cleaned up really well after themselves and went beyond what we expected. Who could get so excited about a new roof? Well, we love our new roof and Findlay gets the credit!
- Pamela Nicholson
Very professional. Great and clear communication before, during, and after. Findlay sent a quality control tech out to inspect the work after the roof replacement was completed to make sure everything was done right. They fix things that you normally would not see or even know about (no additional charge, just a part of their great service). Clean up was fantastic, would never know they were there. They know the roofing business and it shows.
- Andre Hebert
My wife and I had four different quotes from different companies. We try to be VERY thorough when getting quotes because we hate, "Post -Byers Remorse." Not only did Findlay Roofing come in the best priced but their craftmanship in installing our roof was top-notch. Our salesman was courteous and thorough... he knew his trade. We also had a great selection of styles, grades and colors. Findlay even had a listing of customers in our area where we could drive over and see their roofs and the style we were interested in. In closing, I have been in the home service industry for close to 40 years. As president of my business, I know the true value of honesty, dependability, follow-up, etc. Findlay Roofing met all of those qualities to the max. EVERY DAY... when my wife and I drive up to our home, we always say, "We love our roof!" I have close to a thousand customers in my pest control business here in the Alpharetta area. I will be referring all of them to Findlay Roofing.
- Al Robinson
I have used Findlay in the past for numerous jobs (total roof replacement, internal roof repairs, plumbing boot replacement, fixing sky light leaks, fixing water heater exhaust leak, removing and shingling over turtle vents, replacing a ridge vent, gutter installation plus gutter screens). I have always been happy with their work. From the office staff to our sales rep and the installers, they are all very courteous. I have never felt the sales rep ever tried to sell me more than I need. We would use them again without a doubt.
- Beth H
Explore the different
- Caused by growth of airborne algae deposited on roof.
- Unsightly appearance does not affect the service life of the material.
- Common problem in warm, humid climates.
- Algae resistant shingles available regionally.
- Caused by leaks in roof
- Check attic or crawlspace for leaks in deck
- Check chimney and vents for cracks in flashing
- Check rafters for leaks that travel away from original source
- Check roof for damaged shingles
Caused by drying and cracking.
Can usually be repaired without replacing your roof.
- Caused by improper fastening.
- Caused by exposure to high winds.
- Can usually be replaced individually.
- Caused by moisture in shingles
- Caused by excessive use of asphalt plastic cement
Buckling & Curling
Buckling & Curling
- Caused by improperly applied felt (buckling)
- Caused by movement in deck (buckling)
- Caused by undersaturation of felt in organic-based shingles (curling)
- On newly applied shingles, a certain number of loose granules is normal.
- On aging shingles, missing granules indicate need for replacement.
- Caused by absorption of moisture by mat at the core of the shingle.
- Common problem with organic-based shingles.